Alfred Arteaga

Postponing my next post (not on anything Japanese) for the following announcement, slightly modified from Jessica's original post:

Lorna Dee Cervantes posts a more important announcement than I could.

The short of it is that Alfred Arteaga, an interesting CA-based poet, needs expensive experimental heart surgery, and he's a poet, so it's beyond his financial abilities.Having attempted fundraisers (for much less important things) I'll just remind ya'll that when they say, "a donation of any amount will help," they really do mean it.

If everyone who visits my blog today sent Arteaga's family $5, that's already $200+ (not much but anything helps; and yes, I know that a lot of my readers are coming from Jessica's and Johannes's blogs) toward extending the life of a fellow poet.

Get out yer checkbook.

The address is:
Alfred Arteaga
11 Perry Ave
Menlo Park, CA 94025

Comments

Popular Posts