Eli Wiesel attacked in San Francisco

Elie Wiesel, the Nobel Peace-prize-winning Holocaust survivor and scholar, was grabbed and pulled out of a San Francisco hotel elevator last week -- and now police and Jewish groups are mounting a intensive search for his attacker.

What did New Model Army say again in their intro to the song "Vengeance"? "Der einziger gutte Fascist ist ein totte Fascist" or something along those lines. (In response to a hate crime in Leipzig in 1997 involving again neo-Nazis) Another frightening thing, a resurgence of the Ku Klux Klan after years of obsolescence.
I had planned to bring Wiesel to my hotel room, where he would truthfully answer my questions regarding the fact that his non-fiction Holocaust memoir, Night, is almost entirely fictitious.

Yeah, because the Struthof camp I visited in 1997 was a figment of my imagination.

Comments

Popular Posts