There is no such thing as terrorism.

Comments

Sasha said…
Then what is the Israeli Army doing to the Palestinians??
More info on news on Israeli Army expose
Sasha said…
sorry if that link doesn't work... just go to my blog, article down... the one entitled, cleverly, "Blah-ggghhh"
CLAY BANES said…
I don't believe in Zimmerman.
Sasha said…
I believe that's a reference to the song "God" by John Lennon... In this case, Zimmerman is Bob Dylan (actual name, Robert Allen Zimmerman). . . the lyric is "i don't believe in Jesus/I don't believe in Zimmerman. . . I don't believe in Beatles/ I just believe in me/ Yoko and Me/ that's reality.
Amish Trivedi said…
Doesn't Bowie have "Song for Bob Dylan" where he also references "Mr. Zimmerman?"

Also, in "Gotta Serve Somebody," Dylan himself suggests that you can call him "Zimmy," which I would TOTALLY DO!

THREAD DEAD
Sasha said…
thread ALIVE!

Gotta serve somebody is a horrible thing that should have never been brought into the world. ug. nothing's worse than bob dylan's 'born again' phase, in which the logic of his new found christianity revolves around the need to be servile. If dylan wanted to be called zimmy (cringe), he should have changed his name back to Robert Allen Zimmerman!
François Luong said…
@ amish: I think alex pretty much killed the thread with his first comment.

@ alex: yes, I know that Bob Dylan's real name was Robert Zimmerman.
Sasha said…
... that's Zimmy to you... thanks
Amish Trivedi said…
I agree that Dylan's late 70s stuff isn't that great, but I know a lot of folks who like it. I guess, if pressed, I'll say they're entitled to their opinion :).

Some folks don't think Dylan's done anything good since the mid-70s, but I kind of like some of the 80s stuff and I think the last decade or so worth of albums have been quite good. Call my crazy
Sasha said…
Oh I completely agree. If anything, the hard line dylanists will say that his ability to constantly reinvent himself is talent in and of itself. Personally, I think the born again phase might have only been a product of his desire to get rid of his old fans who thought they knew him best, similar to his turning introspective with Another Side, electric with Bringin it all Back Home, psychadelic with Blonde on Blonde, folk with John Wesley Hardling and then country with Nashville Skyline. I think Blood on the Tracks and Desire were two of his best albums, and came out during the '70s, and his recent Modern Times finds him at top form. I still can't take the Christian stuff, but then one person's torture is another person's freedom.

Popular Posts