NONSITE || Aesthetics as Somatic Practice: A Talk with Jordan Scott (author of Blert)

Anne Lesley and I are facilitating this event:
If you're in the Bay Area, join the Nonsite Collective on Saturday afternoon, October 3, for a discussion around Aesthetics as Somatic Practice with Canadian poet Jordan Scott, author of Blert (Coach House).

Blert suggests that language originates in the mouth. So how is language different for the person who stutters? Canadian poet Jordan Scott sustains one answer in his latest book length work, and in doing so, offers a possibility for language writing that is attached to the body.

3:30 - 6 PM at 935 Natoma Street in San Francisco

(btwn. 10th and 11th and btwn. Mission and Howard)

Close to Van Ness and Market (Muni) or Civic Center (BART)

from Blert:

"Jaw flex slate; tip crabs, techno as a Tourette tide spaz. A labyrinth, a game. Calcites glut. Cheliped sound lattice. A single storey of an L shape with one leg ending in a large glass conservatory" (50).

"Of my mouth and me. Of other people’s mouth and me. Of fluency and me. Of me and my mouth. Of me and other people’s fluent mouths. Of me and fluentcy. My mouth and me" (48).

http://epc.buffalo.edu/authors/scott/

Jordan Scott will be reading together with Donato Mancini and Lisa Robertson as part of the opening for Right Window's new show, Punctuation, on Sunday, October 4, 4 PM, at 992 Valencia Street in San Francisco.

More info here.

Comments

Popular Posts