You may have noticed the addition of Gabriel Crocker's blog on my blogroll on the right. Gabe is Lauren's roommate, a chef and an artist. He also started the four cornered room, a little space for artists and writers to chat and exchange ideas and so on.

So for the past couple of months, I've been working on this mixed media project with Lauren. Well, it's mostly collage, paint, ink and pencil work. Basically, Lauren makes a layer on paper, sends them to me (via mail), I add another layer and send it back to her and so on, until we get tired of it or think it's done (both of which are really the same). And we noticed a weird comic book narrative started emerging from the pages we had worked on. Sounds a bit like the "comic corpse" project we started back in May with Johnny and Claire. This is basically where the project started. Claire might also get drafted into it, once I come back from San Francisco to pick up the pages.

I wanted to scan what Lauren had originally sent me, but started adding things (quite literally) to it and said "Oops!" Same thing happened to Lauren. But we're going to start documenting the project's stages from now on. This is what you should expect seeing here.

Oh, and yeah, Lauren has a flickr account now.

And an acceptance notice for one of my poems from Switchback arrived today in my Inbox. Many thanks to Craig and Karen.

Comments

John Sakkis said…
congrats.

Popular Posts