My answers to Johannes's bookish survey

1. A book that changed my life? Frank O'Hara's Collected Poems and Jacques Roubaud Trente et un au cube.

2. A book I've read more than once? Emmanuel Levinas's Totality and Infinity.

3. What is a book I'd want with me on a desert island? A book with paper sturdy enough to distillate salt water.

4. What is a book that made me giddy? Right now? Josely Vianna Baptista's On the Shining Screen of the Eyelids and derek beaulieu with wax.

5. What is a book that has made me sad? Haruki Murakami's Norwegian Wood.

6. What is a book I wish had been written? Raymond Queneau's Cent mille milliards de sonnets

7. A book I wish had never been written? Too many I could think of.

8. What is a book I'm currently reading. Paul Celan's Selections (edited by Pierre Joris), second issue of the tiny, Michael Palmer's Company of Moths, Aase Berg's Remainland, Josely Baptista's On the Shining Screen of the Eyelid

9. One book I've been meaning to read? Too many to list.

10 Now tag five bloggers. Jessica, John, Mark Lamoureux, Logan Ryan Smith, Ekrem

11. Or four (non-blogging?) people. How do you tag non-blogging people? I'll tag blogging people instead: Gina, Eric Gelsinger, Chall Gray, Tawrin Baker

12. But I will invite whoever reads my blog to volunteer their ideas.

Comments

Tawrin said…
1. A book that changed my life? A Test of Poetry, by Zuk.

2. A book I've read more than once? Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man

3. What is a book I'd want with me on a desert island? Bilingual ed of The Divine Comedy -- I don't know italian, but I want to; plenty of time to figure it out there. Also, I have it on good authority that it's the best poem ever.

4. What is a book that made me giddy? The Castle (a broad definition of giddy)

5. What is a book that has made me sad? The Castle (a broad definition of sad)

6. What is a book I wish had been written? If a nonexistant book is meant, then... a book by any of the following at age 50 something: Crane, Keats, Kafka, O'hara; anyone good that died young.

7. A book I wish had never been written? Protocols of the Elders of Zion

8. What is a book I'm currently reading. A History of the Arab Peoples, by Hourani

9. One book I've been meaning to read? The Divine Comedy in italian

10 Now tag five bloggers. Tawrin Baker, Tawrin Baker, Tawrin Baker, Tawrin Baker, Tawrin Baker. (Do I hear the sound of the platonic world of ideas getting infinitely bigger?)
François Luong said…
Isn't the platonic world of ideas infinite in size to begin with?
Tawrin said…
Yeah, just one more notch on it's belt.
Tawrin said…
its

Popular Posts