top 10 movie meme

Jessica tagged me with this meme, which she got from Kasey. I'm following Jessica's variation, since it would be hard to do a top 100.

1. Fallen Angels, by Wong Kar-wai
2. In the Mood for Love, by WKW
3. Chungking Express, still by WKW (do we see a pattern here?)
4. Dolls, by Takeshi Kitano
5. Satyricon, by Federico Fellini
6. 2046, by Wong Kar-wai
7. The Dreamers, by Bernardo Bertolucci
8. Bande à part, by Jean-Luc Godard
9. The Bad Sleep Well, by Akira Kurosawa
10. The Celebration, by Thomas Vinterberg

Runners-up: Il Postino, Kids Return and Sonatine by Takeshi Kitano, Gohatto/Taboo by Nagisa Oshima, The Pillow Book by Peter Greenaway, The Marriage of Eva Braun by Fassbinder, Dreams by Akira Kurosawa.

Quite a conventional list, if you ask me. My list is also quite protean and will most likely change next week

Tagging: John, Amish, Johannes, Tiffany Noonan and Koshkin.

Comments

Amish Trivedi said…
I'VE FINALLY ARRIVED!!!!!!!

:)

word ver: iiftsf

II: François Takes San Francisco
François Luong said…
What? Did you get a call from Iowa??

(Just stopped by your blog, hence the question)
Amish Trivedi said…
Hell no.

I forgot my cell phone at home today and told Jennifer that TODAY would be the day I get the call.

But when I got home, there was nothing.

I've arrived because you tagged me. Much more important than grad school!
François Luong said…
Oh boy ...
Jessica Smith said…
haha... back to netflix for jessica...

amish... prozac... it works man.
Amish Trivedi said…
Eh, I'll be fine again once this period is over. I've felt fine post-rejection each year. It's the waiting that's sucking.


"Man"? I don't know why, but it sounds strange from you, Jessica.
François Luong said…
Still trying to figure out why you really need to get into the Iowa Writers' Workshop.

Yes, yes, Netflix all of those! They're really good and beautiful and great and adjective and adjective and adjective.

Popular Posts