The one thing I really hate about applying to graduate school is obviously the inane amount of paperwork.

And yes, I am going back to the University of Houston campus tomorrow for more paperwork. Let's see if I forget to pick up my diploma again.

And while everyone else will be talking about the MLB World Series, it's also the MLS play-offs right now. Soccer, the one sport where Houston doesn't totally suck. We're still one game and one goal down against Chivas USA. Meaning, we need to win by two goals if we want to play FC Dallas or the Colorado Rapids in the next round. The Chicago Fire were also playing the New England Revolution today. Last time I checked, Chicago was winning by one goal.

Now, can anyone tell me how the New York Red Bulls made it to the play-offs?

Comments

John Sakkis said…
you being into MLS soccer somehow validates it in my mind.
François Luong said…
Well, you know, it might not be as exciting as a French Ligue 1 or an Spanish Liga game, but I have to have my soccer somehow. And I don't have cable, so ...
Amish Trivedi said…
Where are you applying? What for?

"Does God exist? Who invented liquid soap and why?"
François Luong said…
Comp Lit: UC-Berkeley, Penn, Buffalo
Creative Writing: SFSU, NYU, UMass Amherst

God is a word.

It is widely believed the Celts, more specifically the Gauls, invented liquid soap by mixing ashes with animal fat (and boiling the mixture).

Popular Posts