MTD announcement

After consultation with close friends, I have decided to step down from my editorial duties with melancholia's tremulous dreadlocks. As you already know, while we are supposed to be a biweekly magazine, we have published so far one issue in 2007. It's already March now.

While I do not bear any personal animosity for my co-editor Andrew Lundwall, I do not think we can have a working relationship right now. I will say however that I had a tremendous time working for MTD, being able to publish friends I considered amazing poets and people I had a lot of respect for and who later became friends.

In the mean time, I will move on to other projects. Some of them are already known (helping out John Sakkis with BOTH BOTH), others will be announced in time.

I would like to thank Lauren Kohne, John Sakkis, Michael Koshkin, Claire Webb and Patrick Turk for their unconditional support, former contributors who made my time worthwhile, and Andrew for inviting me to co-edit MTD.

I also wish Andrew the best of luck in his future endeavors.

Comments

Mike Young said…
Co-editing is tricky-ass work. But I'm glad I got to use two hyphens in that sentence, one in the service of needless vulgarity.

In all seriousness, good job with the time you spent. You guys turned out some great issues. And best of luck with yr future poetry projects.
Jessica Smith said…
yup. poetry projects need not last forever. and i agree with mike, it was a good partnership while it lasted.
Amish Trivedi said…
You guys were the Traveling Wilburys of online poetry publications. And while I'm sad Roy Orbison had to die, I understand, and I'm thankful the music was there at all.

Is any of this getting through?

Popular Posts