Received and seen

-Proofs for the next issue of New American Writing, where the first three segments of The Symmetries are set to appear. I'm a bit intimidated by the list of other contributors.
-Much belated comp copies of 52nd City, a culture/lit mag I discovered when I was in St. Louis for a reading with Ray Hsu. Includes the poem "On A Sovereins Magnanimitie," a 10-minute poem written on my way back to Houston, including many private jokes by Ray, Alex Ross, Aaron Belz and I.
-Seen: Fullmetal Alchemist - The Movie: The Conqueror of Shamballa. I was bored, my boss gave me a free copy of the movie. It was surprisingly good. Unlike most sci-fi/fantasy stories, it manages to incorporate historical elements without being completely cheesy. And then there's the bittersweet ending, where the Elric brothers set themselves up for failure (again) in whatever endeavor they have planned for themselves.

Comments

chall gray said…
I'm fuckin' back.

Popular Posts