Charlottesville investigators are looking into possible charges as a result of Tuesday's physical confrontation at [a George] Allen campaign stop.

Seriously, you need to be voted out if you beat up (or have him beaten up) one of your constituents for asking uncomfortable questions.

It's funny, but the more I read the more, the more I see scandals involving Republicans. No wonder so many of my Republican acquaintances (and remember, I live in Texas) are planning to vote Democratic or Independent. Chris Bell, a Democrat, Carol Keeton Strayhorn and Kinky Friedman (both Independents) are running against Rick Perry, the incumbent governor. I prefer Chris Bell, who has a better thought vision of government than Strayhorn or Friedman (both too conservative for my taste).

Comments

Jessica Smith said…
it seems like every night on the news here there's a story about one VA politician or another making a racist comment or otherwise embarassing himself. oh, and then there's "Virgil Goode," who's like the KKK. i'll vote Democrat and Green as always and my vote as always will not count.
François Luong said…
Well, you know, considering the lead Jim Webb has over George Allen, maybe for once your vote will count.
Jessica Smith said…
does it count as "counting" if I vote with the majority?
François Luong said…
Well, I don't know ... I think the Green Party here is quite useless (unlike, say, their European equivalents).

Popular Posts