I don't write much of those. You know, entries about what I've been doing for the day. Not too keen on sharing what I do during the day, obviously. But well, I went through my books to see which ones I had to bring to San Francisco and which ones to leave behind, and, well, the result was discouraging. Basically half of the books on my shelves, desk and floor ended in one pile, a quarter on a maybe pile and the last quarter on the to-be-shipped-later pile. Way too many books to fit into two suitcases, so a lot of cuts were made into the "essentials" pile. What will be brought to SF will include: Wittgenstein's Tractatus, the Red and Blue books, Derrida's Margins of Philosophy and Of Grammatology, Levinas's Totality and Infinity, Deleuze and Guattari's A Thousand Plateaus, Bernard Tschumi's Architecture & Disjunction, Pierre Joris's Toward a Nomadic Poetics, the new Haruki Murakami (because it's still unread), Stacy Szymaczek's Empty of All Ships (unfinished), my complete Action Books set, Anne-Marie Albiach's Figurations de l'image, Michael Hofman's 20th Century German Poetry, Auster's Random House Book of 20th Century French Poetry, my Anselm Kiefer and Eva Hesse artbooks ... The list goes on. I think only a quarter of all books I am bringing are books of poetry (Surprise!).

Didn't make the cut: strangely, Joris and Rothenberg's Poems for the Millenium, The Collected Poems of Frank O'Hara, and more.

Comic book-wise, I will only bring: The Salon, by Nick Bertozzi; Elsewhere, by Gary; Left Bank Gang, by Jason; Demo, by Brian Wood and Becky Cloonan.

Comments

Amish Trivedi said…
Poems for the Millenium and Frank O'hara are fucking HEAVY. You're best suffering without them for a while. No doubt you'll be able to find them at the SFSU library.
François Luong said…
Hejinian's The Language of Inquiry and Charles Olson's Collected Prose are also quite heavy, yet, I am not sure why I chose them over PftM and O'Hara.

Popular Posts