8 Random Facts Meme

Jessica Smith tagged me:

1. I am somewhat disconcerted at the shift away from mathematics in the appropriation of OuLiPo by American poets. Just because you use the algorithm n+7 or some other fancy algorithm doesn't make you oulipian. Jacques Roubaud and François Le Lyonnais were both mathematicians by education.

1.1 I was formed as a mathematician. Then got scared and turned to medicine.

1.1.1Despite my training as a mathematician, I have very little affinity for the (American) analytical tradition in philosophy.

1.2 I was bored by biology (at least, the way it was taught in the United States) and turned to literature and (continental) philosophy.

2. During thesis conference, Tony Hoagland wore a Darth Vader mask and told me "I am your father, François."

2.1 He then choked on the voice modifier.

2.2 He then did the same thing to Jamie La Londe-Pinkston.

2.3 The truth value of the previous statement(s) may or may not be true.

Tagging: Koshkin, Tiffany Noonan, Sakkis, Amish Trivedi, Craig Perez, Johannes, Gary Sullivan and two random people

Comments

Amish Trivedi said…
Awww...thanks...answers coming soon!
Johannes said…
What are the questions?
François Luong said…
Johannes: There aren't really any questions. You're just supposed to write 8 random facts (which are supposed to relate to yourself, which is a pain, because I don't like to write about myself).
Johannes said…
OK, I've started.
Amish Trivedi said…
I love talking about myself and I still found it hard.

Popular Posts