Reading Satcy Doris's Paramour (Krupskaya, 2000)(generously offered by Herr Clay Banes of Pegasus Books in Downtown Berkeley), I am seriously tempted to scrap whatever I have already written for this essay someone else asked me to write. It mostly has to do with the way her long poem How to Love (Comment aimer) is structured, which reminds me of a four-panel grid comic. Except I don't get the rhythm of the four-panel grid. So it will be adapted to a nine-panel grid. Which also solves the problem of inserting comic book quotes. In a way.

But no, I am not planning to imitate Scott McCloud's Understanding Comics. Too slow with a pencil in my hands.

Comments

John Sakkis said…
you taking any classes with stacy?
François Luong said…
According to Katie Webb, Stacy is on leave. So, alas, no.
John Sakkis said…
yeah, but the rumor was that her and chet were heading back to SF after the summer.
François Luong said…
If so, then great.

If not, not.

Popular Posts