Discovered today from Scott Pierce that Jatol had folded server issues, hence Effing Press' website being inaccessible.

Koshkin and I use Jatol to host blowfish. I can still access the ftp server, but it's extremely slow (hence my much hair pulling while I try to correct the coding of the site). Access to the blowfish site is also very slow, but still accessible. The problem now being obviously how to transfer the domain if we change hosting services.

[UPDATE 7:43PM] According to this message board, Jatol is indeed folding.

Comments

( t.a. noonan ) said…
I highly recommend Omnis (http://www.omnis.com/). They are a good service--stable, inexpensive, and easy to use. I don't know about their transfer services, but it seems from their site that it's easy enough.

Caveat: They don't allow multiple accounts on subdomains. Which means if you wanted to set up a subdomain for someone else, they would have access to EVERYTHING you have on the site.

Popular Posts