from Johannes

Action Books is such a great press I buy absolutely everything they publish, regardless of my having read the poet or not. I have not been disappointed yet. Not to mention that page design, always elegant. (I am currently reading Laura Solorzano's Lip Wolf and Gunnar Björling's You Go The Words. After Aase Berg's Remainland, I think I may be falling in love with Swedish poetry)

******* There's a new book out from Action Books:

The Edge of Europe
by Pentti Saarikoski
translated by Anselm Hollo

Steve Tomasula says: "Pentti Saarikoski's The Edge of Europe is one of those novels often imagined but rarely realized: a novel that is as moving as it is funny, a book that is as thoughtful as it is kinetic..."

Available at SPDbooks.org and (at a special price) at www.actionbooks.org

Paul Hoover also mentioned briefly Aase Berg today, in the context of 'pataphysics, OuLiPo and Zaum, describing her as "very compressed, very nice and something you don't see in American poetry. There is also a material aspect to her that is fascinating."

Comments

Popular Posts