Received in the mail

-Claire's comp copies (strangely enough) of foursquare 1.3, featuring work by Anne Boyer, Helen White, Michelle Detorie and T.A. Noonan, art by Claire Webb and sleeve by Chelsea Warren. I was much surprised and much delighted to see Anne Boyer feature the Bremen Stadtmusikanten in her work.
-My comp copies of Mark Lamoureux's mini-anthology Face Time (Cy Gist Press, 2006), with work by Matina Stamatakis, Jessica Smith, C.S. Perez, Sandra Simonds and others. I spent too much time playing with the mirror cover, but still took time to have a look at the aforementioned poets.

The dream this morning somewhat involved rapper Ice-T (who shares my birthday), but that is all you are getting, because that is all I can remember.

Oh, yeah, I was supposed to post a preview of issue 4 (wow!) of melancholia's tremulous dreadlocks, except that I can't remember who's in it, except Eric Gelsinger, T.A. Noonan, rob mclennan, Aaron Belz, Amish Trivedi, Maxine Chernoff, Matthias Svalinas ... Oh, and there's cool cool art by the always great great Lauren Kohne. That is all.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know I should work on an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of this.

And tonight, goodbye party at Poison Girl for Ranjana Varghese, who's leaving for France for a year. Ranjana is a former fiction editor at Gulf Coast, just around the time I used to work there. Speaking of GC, I'm glad someone finally fixed the website.

Comments

John Sakkis said…
excel spreadsheet, pshhhh...quit biting my shit francois...
Jessica Smith said…
you got claire's 4sq b/c she's hard to get in touch with and i didn't have her address. eh?

i want my face time! mark!
François Luong said…
johnny, you know that excel line was there just for you.

Popular Posts