Today is a Monday and it is 3:23 PM and yes, it is Labor Day and no, despite having lived in the States for the past six years, I still think of Labor Day as the 1st of May, not September 4th. But you've been to the States numerous times before 2000, François, you may say, but yeah, I'd come here only in July (preferrably after July 4th and before July 14th), stay through August, come back to France, come back to the States in December and leave again during the first week of January. So the only holiday I've consistently celebrated was Christmas (I spent one New Year's Eve 6,000 feet above the Atlantic, somewhere near Iceland. It was year 2000 and the only thing I got for this trip was a stupid Air France pin). Hence much bitching at the bus system here for being late, because I had forgotten buses were running on a Sunday schedule. Well, the bus was still late for a Sunday schedule too.

Tonight, Fellini's La Dolce Vita at the Museum of Fine Arts.

Comments

Popular Posts