Friends' Book Releases

My Soviet Union: Poems, by Michael Dumanis, winner of the Juniper Prize
for Poetry. (University of Massachussetts)


MICHAEL DUMANIS was born in the former Soviet Union and lived there until his parents were granted political asylum in the United States. He holds a BA from Johns Hopkins, an MFA from the University of Iowa, and a PhD from the University of Houston. Currently an assistant professor of English at Nebraska Wesleyan University, he is coeditor of the anthology Legitimate Dangers: American Poets of the New Century (2006). In the fall of 2007, he will join the English faculty at Cleveland State University, and will
assume the directorship of the Cleveland State University Poetry Center.

The Singers, by Logan Ryan Smith. (Dusie Press)

Dearest friends, beautiful foes, people I haven't spoken to in years, and to those who regard me as an inconvenience:

http://www.dusie.org/dusiepress.html

Since the moment of my birth YOU have been waiting for this: my first book, THE SINGERS. It's been a long 29 years, friends, but the day has finally come! Hallelujah! YOU may rest your weary heads, eyes, and hearts, now, on the material object that is called MY FIRST BOOK, and find yourself finally satiated. YES! THE SINGERS will be your salvation!

This is poetry, friends! And we all know what poetry does: CHANGE THE WORLD! Just look at where we're at today after so many terrific and extraordinary volumes of poetry have already passed under our eyes, over our tongues and thru our hands--no, I ask you: LOOK. POETRY has so obviously gotten us where WE ALL are today, and GIVEN us everything we could EVER want! Can you feel it! WHAT F'N BEAUTY! What a wonderfully terrific time and world we live in! POETRY CHANGES THE WORLD! Yes, after poets like Pound, Zukofsky, Olson, H.D., Spicer, BILLY COLLINS, and a whole lot of other poets and "movements" have already come and gone, here you are, left with ME. Yes, friends, despite what you may have heard, MY BOOK is the only one available at THIS VERY MOMENT, and I'm all you got. Lucky you.

You will find my first book, at the push of a button, right here:

http://www.dusie.org/dusiepress.html

How I wish I could just paper the world with this FINE ASS book--just hand a copy to each and EVERY SINGLE ONE of YOU! Alas, it is not possible. Despite my IMMENSE sense of GOOD WILL and my unfettered and CHARITABLE soul, I am unable. So, unless we share familiar blood, you will have to purchase your salvation. Unless you've helped me move, you WILL HAVE TO buy your way to the remarkable ECSTASY that my WORDS will bring you to.

O, you most magnificent of specimens! You are the WAY TO A NEW BEGINNING! I know you'll make the right choice. You're all far too pretty and SMART not to.

BIG LOVE,

Logan

Comments

Popular Posts