You people should download and listen to this. I've pretty much fallen in love with Carol Mirakove's poetry after seeing her poem "human traffic" in miPOesias. So much so that I went and bought her books Mediated and Occupied (okay, okay, I actually waited until I was in the Bay Area to buy them, the former at Pegasus Downtown - thanks, Clay, the latter at City Lights). And they're now among my favorite books of poetry. Not of American poetry, of poetry. And they are even better than what I thought they would be like. Mirakove basically went for my heart with the political slant and the references to Wittgenstein and made sure she would keep it with her inquiry of integrals. That appeals to my math nerd side (what, Frenchie is a math nerd? Yes, yes, dear Reader, François loved mathematics before he loved poetry). Now, if Carol Mirakove decided to do a comic book, I really don't know what I would do. Ask her (quite creepily) to marry me? (But, Frenchie, aren't you against marriage in the first place? Yes, yes, dear Reader. That should tell you how good Carol Mirakove's poetry is)

Comments

Sasha said…
i object to you referring to me as dear reader. it is creepy.

Popular Posts