Sweden 2-2 England

Now, wasn't this a beautiful game? That goal scored by Cole right outside the preparation zone (okay, for football terms, I am translating from the French)? Yeah. And then that goal by Allback (SWE) on a corner kick? Unstoppable. As usual, Rooney and Beckham were completely useless. And Rooney is a crybaby. And of course, Ljungberg played magnificently, scoring the last goal with Larsson.

Well, actually, I can't really comment on that goal by Allback. I didn't see it. I was discussing the craft of photography with this really nice girl ...

The nice surprise today was Paraguay vs. Trinidad & Tobago, when the former did not choke and exited the tournament with one victory.

Comments

Clare said…
England nearly had it! I couldn't believe it when Sweden scored that bloody goal in the last few minutes..
François Luong said…
I know! But I'm glad, because everyone fought to the bitter end. This, my friend, was an example of beautiful football. I am replaying in my mind that goal by Joe Cole, its perfect arc in the air, barely landing on the hand of the Swedish goalie ...
damn, i missed that game.

Popular Posts