World Cup Group of 16 Picks

SATURDAY
11 AM: Germany v. Sweden: Over penalty kicks. Klose chokes while Ljungberg or Zlatan scores. Why over penalty kicks? Both teams have a very similar way of playing, although Germany has been more consistent. I'm still picking Sweden knowing I am somewhat wrong.
3 PM: Mexico v. Argentina: I've got one word for you: Riquelme. That's all you need to know.

SUNDAY
11 AM: England v. Ecuador: We all know England is overrated. Clare also mentions how Michael Owen is actually Welsh. But he's out of the World Cup. That leaves what? Rooney, Beckham (both are overrated), Crouch (inconsistent), Lampert, Gerrard (incompatible).
3 PM: Portugal v. Netherlands: Tough call. It will be decided over penalty kicks. I don't like the Dutch for the way they played against Ivory Coast. So Portugal it is.

MONDAY
11 AM: Italy v. Australia: I know this pick is insane, but Australia has Guus Hiddink. Gus Hiddink! The owner of Pelugia got angry at the wrong guy when Italy lost to South Korea.
3 PM: Switzerland v. Ukraine: Again, it comes to consistency of play.

TUESDAY
11 AM: Brazil v. Ghana: What can I say? I will always be rooting for the team that plays against Brazil. And besides, Ronaldo drags the team down. I never said my
3 PM: Spain v. France: I cannot root against my team. Besides, we will probably start with the best offensive combination of this World Cup: Viera-Wiltord-Zidane-
Trézéguet-Henry.

Comments

Popular Posts